Re: How long is a Chain?

As a kid I remember that the great work of literature "The Eagle" always expressed
everything in terms of London Buses or Nelsons column. i.e. The QE2 was 27 london
buses long and three Nelsons columns high. I always feel it a shame this did not
become the standard form of measurement rather than boring old metres etc.

Jack Russell