bayside trains

I was speaking to my mother who lives in Ballarat at the weekend and she
relayed to me a problem she had with the abovementioned carrier recently.
She and her sister caught the Pakenham train to visit family at Narre Warren
from Flinders St. She felt something was wrong after Caulfield and they
ended up at Cheltenham on the Frankston line.
The railway person at Cheltenham was most helpful and directed them to a bus
to Dandenong and in the meantime she had rung to say to pick them up at
Dandenong and not Narre Warren.
Later on she rang Bayside trains to lodge a complaint as although she is
nearly 70 she still has 'all her marbles'. mum was pleased to receive a call
from a rep from Bayside a few days later apologising as the incident had
been investigated and it transpires that a station person at Flinders St had
neglected to alter the destination indicator from Pakenham to Frankston.

I wonder how often this type of thing happens???

Cheers

Noel F
Perth WA