Re: Archer Park Station, Rockhampton

Owen Cook <rcook@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
cj9b5sclsdbvotq9dkf2v0ihvljnc8gicb@4ax.com">news:cj9b5sclsdbvotq9dkf2v0ihvljnc8gicb@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:30:56 +1100, "Gail BENNETT" <valleyfm@mpx.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Does QR ever run passenger trains out to Yeppoon? If not, is that line
usedat all for freight?

 I went through Yeppoon in July and like Owen I think I can recall seeing
some old rolling stock wagons and lots of pineapple crates.  However I
didn't see any evidence of pineapples growing in the area! (which seems to
back up Owen's theory on the cessation of pineapple trains). The track
looked like it hadn't seen a train for awhile but non the less the permanent
way looked maintained.  Closer to Rockhampton (Nerimbera?) there was a large
collection of livestock pens and a siding that did look used.  Closer still
to Rockhampton there was a ballast loading siding that also looked used
while on the outskirts of Rockhampton (North Rockhampton?) but still on the
Yeppoon branch there was a large meatworks with livestock pens and siding
that showed evidence of frequent use.