RE: Yeppon line

Guys the Yeppon line is open and available for busniess, although it dosn't get a lot of it.

When I moved to Gladstone last year, the locals told  me that QR closed it a few years ago, but under pressure from the Govt it was reopened. It carries Pineapples, I have seen them in the station yards, however, the numbers are less than in previous years as some farms get subdivided or go into other business. The pineapple work is only seasonal and the line from the last butcher, east of Rocky is very lightly laid and must have a low speed limit. I hear that the trip from Rocky is about an hour. The road length is about 40km, not sure about the track.

There are infrequent Pass trains with a lot of support for a regular service, including RPT commuter runs. I'd say the chances of the station be leveled in the near future are low, as most locals would like to see a regular people service to assist tourism. Yeppon station must also be one of the closest to a beach anywhere in Aus. Anyone out there with some lotto winnings may be able to make a go of it.

At the end time will tell, lets hope the outcome is what we all want.

Shane