Re: Lack of Railway Magazines in Newsagencies

In <3854C5DA.C5ADBAD4@ozemail.com.au> Jonathan Lau <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>I have noticed in the last several months that rail magazines have
>disappeared from sale in many newsagencies of late.

>I have not seen Railway Digest, AMRM, Motive Power, Model Railroad or
>even UK's Rail magazines at any newsagencies for sometime. One obscure
>magazine to be found was "Light Railways" (didn't know it existed!)

>I surveyed several newsagencies in the area where I live & at work. 90%
>don't carry any rail magazines, Local or International at all.

>Only the Newslink newsagencies in the Sydney Underground stations had a
>decent range of railway magazines. ARHS Redfern also has a large
>selection but it's a bit out of the way.

None of the Newslink outlets at Central (aka Sydney Terminal, but we're not
allowed to call it Sydney Terminal any more... *chuckle*) have either Model
Railroader or Railroad Model Craftsman, and only stock the Australian and
British railway and rail modelling magazines. This is a major oversight
given how many people must go through there who are railfans or railway
modellers (not just railway staff, but passengers too) looking for
interesting publications and only finding a very limited selection.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport