Re: [Vic] New Years Eve Service

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 23:30:23 +1100, "Notagunzel"
<notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
>82te1a$kvj$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:82te1a$kvj$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
>
>> There is a poster timetable at NME station, basically on thatline trains
>> run every 30 minutes direct FSS - NME and all stations (them empty back to
>> FSS).  Leaving FSS at like X:20, X:25, X:30, X:35 then X:50, X:55, X:00,
>X:05
>> serving each line, I think BMS, SAB, UFD, WER (might be the wrong order)
>
>Speaking of NYE, AFAIK all sparks will be held at a Premium Station, at
>00.00, and again at 01.00, because of Y2K paranoia.  Why the sparks are to
>be held at 00.00 is a bit of a mystery, as the Electricity Industry doesn't
>run on Daylight Savings time, ('cause the time change is too hard for the
>computers), so at 00.00 its really just 23.00 as far as the juice is
>concerned. |-)

  I would have thought that anything like that would operate on GMT,
not any local time. So the real problem could come about around
10-11am. But then again people may do things totaly out of the norm
and really stuff up the usually predictable power usage patterns and
stuff things up big time, either resulting in too much or too little
power being generated and the resultant effects. This is my biggest
Y2K concern!

 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.