bombala line

Hi all

I've just had a really nice weekend in Merimbula and enroute back to
Canberra I decided to take a look at the remnants of the disused Bombala
line. Bombala station looks like it finished service yesterday - still in
very good condition. I wish I could say the same for Nimmitabel. Nimmitabel
station looks more like a garbage tip and is one sorry sight.

I think that much of the former Bombala line used light rails, and there is
no chance that this line could ever be reopened past Cooma.

In Cooma, the rail motors were as busy as ever - they have been beautifully
restored.

Cheers

Gail