Re: [NSW] messed up cityrail system

Jonathan Boles wrote in message <01bac762$efba5b00$7f66868b@tfboles>...
>Excuse my ignorance, but what do the sector numbers mean?
>Is there some kind of connection between target plate colours and sector

Off the top of my head, so open to correction ...

Sector 1:  Bondi Jct - Cronulla - Waterfall.  All trains maintained at
Mortdale.  Red target plates.

Sector 2:  Campbelltown - Bankstown - Quay.  'T' sets maintained at
Mortdale, red target plates.  'C', 'R', 'S' sets maintained at Flemington,
blue target plates.

Sector 3: Berowra - Hornsby - Emu Plains - Richmond.  (Also Parramatta -
Bankstown?) Black set numbers. On 'K', 'R', 'S' sets, typically stickers on
the cars rather than detachable plates.  Cars maintained at Hornsby.

Sector 4: Sydney - Olympic Park - Blacktown.  Trains borrowed from
everywhere (including Wollongong and Newcastle for the football finals!).

Cumberland Line:  a mixture of 'Sector 2' trains from Campbelltown and
'Sector 3' trains from Blacktown.

Rgds

Bill