Re: Melbourne trains

> > 7. Penalty Notices issued by the Revenue Protection Officers - to
which
> > office are they paid (police/the rail operator/or some overall
governing
> > authority)?
>
> Paid to the operator.

Hi,

This bit's not right. I remember discussing the subject with NatX senior
management who said theres no incentive for them to issue fines, because
the fines go straight to treasury (cf. CityLink where Transurban gets
the evaded toll plus an admin fee).

Technically the ticket inspectors don't have the power to issue a
penalty notice, they have to make a report and then someone else
(Department of Concrete and Bitumen person, I think) sends the fine in
the mail.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.