Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

In article <384FB00F.DFB6172A@ozemail.com.au>,
David Johnson  <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>Hoges wrote:
>
>> The only drawback to this arrangement , as described to me by an intercity
>> driver, is the habit of some commuters of leaving bicycles or other
>> obstacles against the door.  Ideally, they also need a yellow painted "do
>> not obstruct" zone on the floor in this area.
>
>They have stickers on the door not to obstruct, but passengers ignore them.
>They also get guite hostile when you ask them to relocate their bikes.

 If Cityrail would make better provision for the things... In the V sets the only
place a bike will fit is accross the crew door. Any where else and you are blocking
passenger space so you get abused by passengers. Its hard to find an space acceptable
to all to carry a bike some times.

 At least on the Endevour sets they tried, even if its difficult to use, but they also
removed a seat in one of the Endevour cars for wheel chair passengers and I most often
leave my bike there. (Ive not seen a wheel chair passenger on my early morning trips
to Thirmere carrying my bike, I would use the bike rack if such a passenger did board)