New Trainspotting Location - [Qld]

Hi Aus.Railer's,

I've found a neat location at the South Bank Parklands to spot a number of
different train types, ranging from the EMUs up to the XPT and freight. The
location is at the food outlets across the road from IMAX. The view of the
railway line is between IMAX and Rydges Hotel. If you have a panoramic
camera there is a chance you can get a full shot of a 6-car EMU/SMU/IMU
which usually is a challenge, also spotted one of the 2130 Diesel Electrics
with the Westlander, on its way down to the Yeerongpilly to Corinda link to
turn around (also noted that the freight wagons on it outnumbered passenger
cars).

Has anyone else noted that finally the SMU 220s are running a fair few of
the Caboolture/Nambour/Ipswich/Rosewood services now?
I've seen 222,224,226,229,230; while some 220s are multipled with 200s. As
noted in one of the previous postings, there have been occasions where three
consectutive services were run by a 6-car SMU 220 unit, without the sign of
an EMU anywhere.

Hooray to QR for finally bringing some comfort up the North Coast Line.

---
Dean A Stalker
Ph: +61 (07) 3886 0809
Email: dstalker2000@n.hotmail.com