Re: Z Brake Van (Victorian)

Hi,

In my travels I have seen many a Z~ van dotted around the state.

Of what I know of there is:

Z - Original Z van, relettered from "D".
ZL - Long shank auto-coupler, to improve riding conditions.
ZD - Dual coupled ZL vans, presumably used as transition cars.
ZZ - Z van fitted with bogies, in an attempt to improve riding conditions.
ZH - Stored for use during peak times, e.g. 'H'olidays.
ZP - Same as ZD, faster. Later re-rated in speed and relettered to ZD.

The information above was researched from the Peter J. Vincent rollingstock
register CD, available from The Railfan Shop. There used to be a website,
at http://www.alphalink.com.au/~pjv but I am unsure as to what has happened
to it now.

Regards
Michael

Davo said in message <82o0kt$934$1@perki.connect.com.au>, I therefore
quote:

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

What is the point of having quotes at the end of your .sig?