Re: Computer Question - DTC

Notagunzel wrote:

> DOS/4GW
>
> What is it?
>
> The other day I watched a QR driver restart his DTC computer, and after the
> screed about testing memory blah blah, starting HIMEM it muttered something
> about DOS/4GW protected mode or suchlike, before starting the DTC program.

DOS/4GW is a DOS extender.

This came from Tenberry Software, the creators of DOS/4GW:

A DOS extender is a program that provides your DOS program
with almost unlimited main memory by running your program
in Intel's protected mode. Your program can transparently
access all of the memory in today's PCs.

DOS/4G is the most widely used 32-bit DOS extender, designed
to allow 32-bit DOS programmers to solve memory limitations
by breaking the 640KB barrier and addressing all the memory
on Intel 386 and above machines in MS-DOS, PC-DOS, DR-DOS,
and the DOS boxes of OS/2, Windows, Windows NT and Windows 95.

( http://www.tenberry.com/index.htm )

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: