Re: [VIC] S301 back in service?

Michael wrote in message <8E969B738telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>...
><antitroll>
>I think you are about 50 years behind there Dave :-) Old age beginning to
>show? S301 in it's current form is a and EMD designed, Clyde build (A7?)
>diesel-electric Co-Co locomotive.
></antitroll>

NOOOOOOO! Say it isn't so. I would have thought that a loco as important to
the country as the Victorian steam S class would have had at least one
example preserverd.

(btw, I think it was an absolute disgrace that one was not preserved.
Wouldn't it be a sight to see a WallyRail train with a streamlined S up the
front!)

Dave