Re: [MELB TRAM] Buzzing Noise (Xmas Spirits!)

In article <384B4FAE.38B07976@ozemail.com.au_NOSPAM>,
 <njpc@ozemail.com.au_NOSPAM> wrote:
>Since it's that time of year, ie the Xmas party season:
>
>Some trams have a high-pitched buzzing noise that varies in pitch and
>volume as the tram accelerates and decelerates.  It seems to come from
>one of the overhead compartments and (I guess) is related to engine load
>or something similar.

 Motor speed / load.

>What is it, and what can we do about it, apart from taking to the
>compartment with a sledgie?

 Well since smashing the chopper controller up wont help anybody get
to work (since the chopper drives the motors thus is really important),
I suggest you wait beside the road for a Z1/Z2 or W with good old traditional
camshaft traction controls to roll up. They wont sound like a hord of angry
crickets.