Re: [Melb] Prizes for Validating Metcards

Hi,

When you are talking about revalidation, which is the main issue these
days, you aren't getting a free ride (except in the case of short trip
and Metcard 10 tickets). First time validation from what I have seen
travelling every day is not really an issue, except with people not used
to the system. An example of this was when I was on the phone to my dad
recently, telling him how to purchase a Metcard to get from Macleod to
the City. Few minutes later I asked if he had validated it and the
response was "what do you mean?". Clearly, there needs to be a better
education campaign rather than the "YOU MUST VALIDATE YOUR METCARD" in
fine print on the floor next to the validator.

Regards
Michael.

(can we start up an aus.rail.metcard newsgroup? :-))

--
Michael Kurkowski
Ph: 0416-044-124

Change is inevitable, except from a payphone.