Re: Box Hill Tram Extension to go ahead

Not quite right,
The Sydenham and Box Hill projects are actually in the contracts for
privatisation and the new government had said from day one that those
contracts would be honoured.

The others range from ALP policies & election promises (Knox City),
through to kite-flying (Doncaster).

In article <384667E5.4C92010A@enternet.com.au>,
  Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:
> I dont know where you got all this from.
>
> All projects covered by the transport privatisation, like every other
thing were
> up for grabs with the change of government.  If you think an
uncommenced project
> wouldn't be used as a bargaining chip if it was politically expedient
then
> you're not in the real world.
>
> The only one of the projects that has been confirmed as proceeding
since the
> election is the Box Hill tram extension.  Yes I know there are lots
of noises
> being made about Knox City, South Morang, East Cranbourne etc (Not
Doncaster
> though - not a single peep), but until you see the whites of a
government
> politicians eyes I suggest you not get too excited.  Having said
that - I
> wouldn't be surprised to hear an announcement fairly soon about the
go-ahead for
> Sydenham electrification.  It also seems that the Knox tram is a pet
of the
> Labour party and this may go ahead where it wouldn't have under the
Libs - but
> wait for it.  As you yourself say - dont trust politicians.
>
> Stephen Devenish wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to burst you bubbles on this new idea that the Labour Party
have
> > provided but if you looked at the tender documents for the
privatisation you
> > will see that the companies had to price certain projects as part
of the
> > tender and then add there own improvements to the system.
> >
> > It didn't matter if Liberal, Labour, Demo or greens won and where
the
> > controlling party, these projects where going ahead.
> >
> > As for Swanson? I cannot remember.  Another one for Yarra is the
extension
> > to Doncaster for the tram.  The bridge across the Freeway was
designed for
> > the addition of Tram lines to the centre of the carriage way.
> >
> > As we all know the electrification of the sydnam line was also
included in
> > the tender and a few other bits, all of which I cannot remember.
> >
> > One I think was given the no thank you was the duplication of the
line from
> > Heidelberg to rosanna, new bridge and new tunnel, would have been a
great
> > project.
> >
> > To end, like the old saying......
> >
> > "Don't trust politicians (either side) they will tell you it was
their idea
> > and that the previous, past and opposition are/where all wrong and
this is
> > how it should be done"
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Stephen "I wish there was another option to Political Governments"
Devenish

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.