Re: Glenbrook - Vandalised Phone

Dave Malcolm wrote:

> >There was an article on tonight's ABC TV news that the phone the driver of
> >the IP was attempting to use, had been vandalised.
>
> >This may sound like a dumb question, but why don't they use radios?
>
> Probably the insecure nature of the radio system.

If you mean by insecure that it can be monitored, I can't see too many
saboteurs being interested in a rail operations network as opposed to a
police or emergency services one. Still it is possible. In any case
surely the incidence and comparative ease of vandalism warrants looking
at an alternative communications system, if only now that the current
one has been proved vulnerable.

Dion