Re: secret train tunnels !

In article <3846C0A1.14A656B2@acon.com.au>,
Henry Paddon  <sasa@acon.com.au> wrote:
>There are also disused tunnels under Redfern. The entrance was under the old
>Wells Street box.
>There is no siding between Martin place and the Domain Portal only a crossover.
>
>There is also no siding to a theater.
>The crossover at Bondi Junction is about 40 meters up the deed end tunnel

 I'd call a Y cross over with the leg of the y long enough to hold and 8 car
train a little more than a 'cross over', it can hold a train - its a siding in
my book!

 Trains wait up there while being passed on both lines until its their time
to come out.

 The Martin Place 'control room' has a signalling mimic panel, where the track
layout can be clearly seen. Occasionaly the pannel is unlocked and the siding
operating locally instead of Sydney Box doing the honours. A number of OuterSuburban
Tangaras get to lurk up their each day waiting their turn to run to the 'gong.