Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

In article <EwB14.356$b32.289476@news0.optus.net.au> dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) writes:
>From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
>Subject: Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains
>Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:29:08 GMT

>The official death toll is 7 - 3 women, 3 men and a boy. 51 were injured,
>20 seriously. The ABC has been getting stuck into the NSW government for
>cutting back on maintenance.

>The 3 trailing cars of the V set were hauled away by an 81 just before
>dusk. I'm not sure where they were take, possibly Springwood or Valley
>Heights. The remaining DDIU car and the IP motorail were pulled apart in
>the early hours of the morning.

>The luckiest man on the train was sitting in the third car and escaped
>unhurt. He was also sitting in the third car at Granville, and survived
>unhurt.

>Cheers
>David

Having watched most of the available footage of this accident , I though it a
bit odd that all of the interviews from the Rail side of the system seem to be
coming from the SRA,mainly via its CEO.
I have heard nothing from Cityrail , the owners of one of the trains
involved,and also nothing from RAC, the owners of the track and more
importantly,signalling infrastructure.

Where exactly, do all the Govt owned rail corporations fit into this equation,
ie who is responsible for what.?

MD