Re: Head on in the Western district

Reece Isaac <throttle@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
news:38427D4F.B61AB5DF@alphalink.com.au...

> Don't you realize that drivers will always have to have route specific
> knowledge!  It's called by those that do it 'ROADS AND SIGNALS'!  Just
> to drive a train on a track a driver has to be schooled on the route
> (and I don't mean just the safe working systems) I mean learning the
> track, the hills the dips where to power where to drift where to brake.
> That is special knowledge and it has to learned.

Yep - we all know that. But having a uniform standard of safeworking,
Australia-wide - would make that easier.

At the moment, a Sydney NR driver transferring to Melbourne has to relearn
all of the safeworking as well as the road. If the safeworking was the same,
he would only have to learn the road.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au