Re: Re Strategic Reserve.

Keith Willshaw wrote:

> >    Well, for fun I thought!. Would not water be more easily found than
> > diesel?, and coal, wood, camel dung - anything that burns?.
> >

> You fill up with diesel at the start of the Trip.
> Diesel can be easily stored underground in tanks

Until a smart bomb takes out the manifold.

> A steam train needs water MANY times during the Trip

You can take water from a river with a portable pump if you have to. A
fan trip on the Emu Bay Railway did just this a few years ago. It might
fill the boiler with crud (although in a forested area the tannin might
do the boiler some good), but it is possible.

You can also tow a tank of water behind you.

Cheers
David