Re: Year 2004 Steam Engine Swap

In article <37CE1B39.98CF483C@labyrinth.net.au>, marivcru@labyrinth.net.au
wrote:

> Dad was at a meeting this morning at Strathmore, given a talk, and was
> told about a steam locomotion swap between Newport Railway Museum
> (Aus build) and a museum in England (UK Build) for 200 years of steam
> locomotion.
>
> Second note is about Newport Rail Workshop been partly demolish
> and cleared, with only Historical Registered Building under National
> Trust Registered Building Codes for uses by Newport Railway Museum.

I'm involved on site at Newport, and what you write is possibly what will
happen within the next 2 years.  No-one at this stage really knows what
the story is, the whole sell off of the workshops wasn't even clear to
those working in the area.  The workshops sell off should be finalsied
now, I will try and find out who owns it and what their intentions are for
using the site, but the sell off stipulated that the new owners had 2
years to finish with the site and move the equipment off site to make way
for housing.

Who actually gave the talk your dad attended??

--
Stuart Thyer
Photographer-Department of Anatomy