Re: Bethungra Spiral

Now, what are those drugs, and can you send me some!

Sorry no drugs!  But if you read my article carefully I never implied that the tunnels were the only thing that needed to be modified for double stacking to come into Sydney from the west.  Of course the over head wires are a problem, as is Glenbrook tunnel, and I daresay many bridges.  However not having to construct new tunnels on a new alignment would save a lot of money.  I would agree that double stacked containers over the Blue Mountains is most unlikely to happen now because of the huge costs involved for this to happen.