Re: Strategic Reserve.

You're not a relative of mine, are you? :)

My point was that the continental US was not subject to a *land war* during the 1939-45 conflict; nor
was the UK for that matter (the last battle on land in the UK was way back in 1745), and so the
railways in those places weren't placed under anywhere near the same stress as the rail systems in
Europe, SE Asia or North Africa.