Re: Day of the roses

The story was crap and the conspiracy theory was BS. But I thought the train
itself and the detail of the crash scene was extremely good.

And the funny announcement they make at Parramatta ("this is the 6:16 for Mt
Victoria" like people at Parramatta would care!)

I'm not sure why Neville Wran would have wanted to have the cause hushed
up - he ended up spending the millions on trackwork and new rolling stock in
any event, and early in his first term early 1977 - he was still looking for
things to blame on the previous government.

But the scene of the train itself (in a world now sadly devoid of 46
class-hauled passenger trains) made it worth watching
--
01bef3f1$f846a5c0$782e11cb@rodsmith">news:01bef3f1$f846a5c0$782e11cb@rodsmith...