Re: Strategic Reserve.

There was a week around 1961 (I was at school at the time) when I believed
the story that 20 NSWGR Garratts were to be stored in the disused Warringah
line tunnel at North Sydney.  I have subsequently disbelieved all such
stories (although I like the Dorrigo suggestion!).

Australia would have a major gauge problem if it reactivated its hidden
fleets of perfectly preserved steam locos.

Have the R's and 620's been converted to SG in secret so they can run
Melbourne/Adelaide?
Will a third rail be laid from Merredin to Kalgoorlie for all the Pm's and
Pmr's?
What will happen when the SG gets to Katherine and all the 2-6-0's there
won't fit the new track?
Does Tasrail rely on a local reserve or will it import NZ steam locos?

The possibilities are fantastic!

Rgds

Bill