The final Nail in FV's Coffin!

Road Trains for Victoria!

The legalisation of road trains in Victoria is a step closer today with the
State Government considering a trial of the vehicles on the State's roads.

Victoria is the only State that does not allow road trains, which are two
semi-trailers attached to a prime mover.

Thompson's Transport from Castlemaine has tested a road train at its depot
for Transport Minister Geoff Craige.

Thompson's managing director Keith Thompson says Mr Craige was impressed by
what he saw.

"We had some witches hats in the yard and we drove a road train around them,
showing him how the back trailer follows the front trailer," he said.

"It was just like it was on rails."

This will most certainly bite very heavily into the newly privatised Freight
Victoria.  I wonder if the bidders new the government would make it almost
impossible to make any money now in victoria?

Regards,

Brian