Re: Locomotives of the Blue Mountains

David Martin wrote:

> I have begun work on a Blue Mountains locomotive section, at
> http://info.mountains.net.au/rail/roster/loco1.htm .
>
> Can anyone help with information etc?
>
> What is the meaning of "Mogul" and "Consolidation"?

On the train side, a Mogul is a 2-6-0 wheel arrangement steam
locomotive. A Mogul is also an Emporer of Delhi between the 16th and
19th centuries ("Mogul" is a corruption of the word "Mongolian" - as the
Mongolians established an empire in India under the Grand Mogul in the
early 16th Century. It is also a colloquial word meaning "important or
influential person").

As for "Consolidation", it is either a 2-8-0 steam locomotive, or the
act of solidifying, strengthening or combining one's territories,
estates, power, companies, statutes or debts into one whole.

I seem to recall that it's also the name of a US Navy aircraft carrier -
and is also probably the name of a spaceship in Star Trek.