Trackwork: East Perth Tunnel connection in progress

The East Perth 'tunnel' taking the Midland Line under the Farmer Freeway
between Claisebrook and East Perth Interstate Terminal, is being connected
into the line over the weekend. Today they were getting the sand bed down at
the Claisebrook / up / western end and sorting out the overhead wiring at
the other end opposite the loooong IP platform.

I bet when they've finished we will hardly be able to tell that the railway
used to go a different way, like at Subiaco 'tunnel'.

cheers
Neil