Re: Fast Ferries to Compete with Trains

David Martin wrote:

> My proposal is, first and foremost, for a Grand Tourist Train.
>
> The commuter service was an afterthought, to make fuller use of the train.
>
> With grand hotels & guesthouses in the area charging as much as $400 per
> person per night, I am sure there are people who would pay to ride a grand
> train to the Blue Mountains.
>
> Excellent sevice, cooperation with local tourist operators & venues, new
> heritage-style coaches.
>
> --
> Yours sincerely
> David Martin

You should talk to the operators of the GSPE. Find out how much to build
heritage style cars and any problems they faced. You will also have to
"talk turkey" with RAC.
For the motive power, you will have talk to a museum or freight corp
depending on what you want to pull it.

After doing this sit back and see if it is still worthwhile.

rgds