re qr photographers

back in the late eighties my brother and I had a run in with QR staff, I was
sitting on the side of the track near where the old stock sidings use to be
, when a train came along I stood up and took a photo of the train and a
couple of seconds later I was being harassed by some clerk. when I pointed
out I was a railway employee from new south he seemed to get more upset and
said he would ring the cops so I told him what I thought of him and left.
but remember in the US they are putting up fencing to stop people tampering
with their trains , which may have something to do with it , and you can
take as many photos from outside the boundary fence. watch out if you are
shooting steam trains, working in a signal box I've seen a few silly people
on the line or running from side to side , this makes it worst for the
sensible people that just want to take a shot of a train. if you ever see
someone do this please show them the error of their ways.Geoff.