Re: Services on City Rail Interurbans

Michael wrote in message <8E2DA9A9AtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>...
>When I was in Sydney last, i caught a Personly (sorry, it's the 90's and we
>have to be politically correct here ;)) ferry, and it was reasonably rough
>then... I wanted more :-) Definately want to do it again :) Calm water is
>too boring

A few years back, a mini-cyclone hit Sydney, and the ferries were halted for
most of the morning - I got myself down to Circular Quay and waited....and
waited....and waited. I eventually caught the very first Manly ferry at
about 11.50am. It was the Collaroy, with the open area at each end of the
upper deck. I was right at the very back of the open area, and still got wet
when crossing the heads (they don't do that any more - they lock everyone
inside during rough conditions!)

DaveP