Re: Services on City Rail Interurbans

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999 08:56:57 +1000, "David Bennetts"
<davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:

>David Martin's recent proposal for an up-market Caves Express makes me
>wonder whether there would be a market for some limited catering on some
>existing Cityrail services, eg those to Newcastle.
>

>David Bennetts
>Canberra

Follow the Europeans and let McDonalds do it. Subcontract it out to
them and then they are the ones who worry about how it can be done.

Not such as silly idea as it might sound. Who would have thought ten
years ago that the long distance QR and Indian Pacific [I think?]
catering is or was contracted out to Qantas or it it P&O?

McDonald's bacon & egg Mcmuffin or their scrambled eggs "big
Breakfast" or even those hot cakes are ok compared to the microwave
reheated bacon & egg rolls offered on some trains now?

Cheers
Peter Cokley
http://homepages.msn.com:4890/PicnicPl/petan-oz