Re: 3801 - IT'S BLACK ..... WHY????

Eddie Oliver wrote:

> carrington wrote:
> >
> > Now I think I know how the purists in the UK feel when the
> > preservationists go off into their own realms of livery fantasy!!!
> >
> > Black, with not so subtle THICK red lining - do we have a closet North
> > Sydney rugby league or Essendon AFL influence here?
>
> Why is that in any way a "livery fantasy"? It ran in service like that
> for a significant period.

Slightly more authentic than certain green, blue and crimson locomotives
south of the Murray. :)

But there's nothing wrong with a bit of variety. I only hope she comes
to Canberra some time.

The big question is, did anybody get photos of the chameleonic 3801 at
all stages of the overhaul?

Cheers
David