Re: New Tram line along Dudley Street?

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> Saturday's Melbourne Herald-Comic had a front-page story about the new Paramount
> studios development for Melbourne's Docklands.  It had an artist's impression of
> the entrance being a large archway over dudley Street with a W class tram

Isn't it amazing that when the media types write about the tram system, or even
advertising people use the trams in their ads, it's the famous W tram that appears.
You will have all seen the ads about the tram taking you everywhere in Melbourne and
the hand about to pull the communication cord to stop the tram - a W class tram.
These ads appear in all trams even where there have not been W's for years. But the
state govt and transport groups are doing their utmost to get rid of them. Thank
heavens for the National Trust for sticking up for our state icon - a W class tram
is known all over.

David.