Re: SpeedRail

I once read that Speedrail was considering passing through Central and
terminating in the spare tracks at St James to give it direct access to the
"government" area of Sydney. This might have assumed that this part of
Sydney is the source of traffic to Canberra.

Stephen Crawshaw.

Rod Gayford <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> wrote in message
37BD796F.750616F2@smartchat.net.au">news:37BD796F.750616F2@smartchat.net.au...
> From what I have read of the Speedrail link into Central I understand that
the
> tracks will dive down shortly after leaving the platform, go underground
and come
> out in the new NSR tunnel at a convenient location. Do not ask me how they
are
> going to achieve this. Has any provision been made in the new tunnel?
>
> Cheers
>
> RJG
>
> Matthew Geier wrote:
>
> >  There is a careers day at Sydney Uni at the moment. A couple of railway
> > contractors are there...
> >
> >  Of interest was one of the engineering companies involved with the
> > SpeedRail project, with some since 'concept' shots.
> >
> >  They have a picture of a TGV set sitting at Sydney terminal on the
> > terminal platforms next to the Nth shore suburban lines (Not sure of the
> > platform numbers) with a caption '11:10 to Canberra first stop Sydney
> > Airport'.
> >  When I commented that it was impossible to get from that platform to
the
> > NSR, one of the guys at that both said 'we will build a new connecting
track'.

> >  I dont know how!. Cross 8 running lines in the flyovers in the
> > distance between the end of the platform and the tunnel portal. I dont
> > think so!. It would be interesting to see their proposed track layouts
> > cross through the middle of the flying juctions with out causing utter
> > chaos during contruction and continuing movement conflicts afterwards!
That