Re: SpeedRail

In article <37BCEA2B.B89648D@efs.mq.edu.au>,
Eddie Oliver  <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote:
>Matthew Geier wrote:
>
>>  I dont know how!. Cross 8 running lines in the flyovers in the
>> distance between the end of the platform and the tunnel portal. I dont
>> think so!.
>
>So in your perception, it was also impossible to build the Eveleigh
>engine dive or the Illawarra dive?

 In a space shorter than the engine dive, dig under 8 tracks, then come
up the other side and join the existing NSR tracks before the portal, AND
not disrupt in any great way the operation of the flyovers. The approach
grades would be rather steep to get under the existing lines and up the
other side.

 Would be easier to break out the 'road headers' and dig a new underground
station and a new underground junction to the NSR. :-)

 Of course stepping it out along the ground may reveal that it all just fits
in the space available. :-)