Re: Lilydale (and Macleod)

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7pgqa1$6pf$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7pgqa1$6pf$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> I have added Macleod and Lilydale to my signalling Page.
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/signalling/macleod/
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/signalling/lilydale/

> If anyone knows anything about Pilot Staff, annett keys, and crosslocks
> to do with Lilydale-Mooroolbark (pilot staff) and annett keys and
crosslocks
> with 202 for Parcles dock and 206 for lever B (Up Home from Coldstream to
No.2)

I'm suprised all these keys are still there. :o)

The Annett Keys are usually kept in an electric cross lock, to release them
from the XL the relevent lever on the panel must be reversed. Once
released, the Key can be removed from the XL, and in the case of the manual
boom barrier, (from memory only) the key is inserted in an exchange
apparatus adjacent to the barrier.  When in the exchange apparatus, the 1st
key releases a 2nd key attached to the boom barrier by chain, thus
releasing the boom barrier.  If im wrong, please correct me(I'm refering to
you, DEL).  The key released by 206 lever then can release the Quadrant??
Lever to operate the Up Home.

Releasing Annett Keys electrically from the panel for lesser turnouts is
also used in the country in a few places, Seymour, Moe, Bendigo, etc...

> If the signals between Lilydale and mooroolbark failed would they use the
pilot
> staff or write an ATC caution order?

I think when a failure occurred, Caution Orders were used until the pilot
staff working could be introduced.  Pilot Staffs effectively ceased to
exist with the 1994 Rules methinks.  Certainly the Pilot Staffs for some of
the underground loops have been abolished recently.  Perhaps someone else
could comment further on Pilot Staffs. [Staves? :o)]

Re Cave Hill:

ATC replaced Electric Staff between Mooroolbark and Lilydale on 29/6/85.
Under ES Cave Hill siding was staff locked, and became switch locked under
the ATC.  During the period between the commissioning of the Panel at
Lilydale and the commissioning of the ATC signals H1171 was a 3 Position
repeater.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.