Re: Movable span bridges

The Moreton Sugar Mill at Nambour has two bridges on their 2'0" gauge
tramway system with lifting spans to allow boats to pass through. One, known
as the Little Lift Bridge, is a short bridge located on Clark's Line and
spans Petrie Creek - I think this is little used now. The other is known as
the Big Lift Bridge (surprise, surprise!!) and spans the Maroochy River.
This bridge sees regular locomotive traffic in the cane season and also
river traffic meaning the lifting span has to be raised to allow boats
through. There is no interlocking or other safety system. The span itself is
raised and lowered by a hand worked windlass.
Regards
canetram59

01bee58b$833bc5e0$bf2d11cb@rodsmith">news:01bee58b$833bc5e0$bf2d11cb@rodsmith...