Re: 82's Leading Patricks West- Question on 82 cl gear ratios & what about using the Cs and the DLs

"Grahame Ferguson" <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au>
wrote, and I quote selectively:

> If GSR might be concerned about the ability to turn DLs at Melbourne(or even
> Sydney or Perth), then why are they considering using ELs for the Overland,
> so then why speculate on spending  money on rebuilding ??  But probably the
> reasoning behind it all is that  the hire rate for an EL from CFCL, is lower
> than that for a DL or BL hire from the NRC.

GSR considering EL's from CFCL.!  .....indeed.?

I thought GSR had a long term contract with GSR.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT
<< remove OZ for Email reply.>>