Re: Atomic Train

Derek Woodlands <kingpin1@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37b8ed21.26186925@news.ozemail.com.au">news:37b8ed21.26186925@news.ozemail.com.au...
> Anyone watching the above-named mini series?
>
> One point I'd like to make.  The train was a runaway, why didn't they
simply
> shut the locomotives down on the uphill grade and use the 2 locos behind
> brake it?

I lost interest in the first 5 minutes, when the school bus just "happened"
stall on a level crossing, the train just "happened" to get its' throttle
stuck,
and the bus driver didn't seem to have the two brain cells required
to figure out that if you stall on a level crossing, you engage the
gearbox, and let the starter motor jerk the vehicle forward.

"Denver" trains in BC rail colours didn't help either.

John Mc