Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

<roger_callsaver@my-deja.com> wrote in message
7p4kq4$6cb$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:7p4kq4$6cb$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> from Leif <leif.hanlen@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au> :
>
> Personal transportation is the way of the future. The freedom to go
> where you want to go and when you want to go.
>
> Public transportation in Australia is a joke because it's way too
> expensive. And if you live in regional Australia, you're even further
> discriminated against so you have to rely more and more on your car.
>
> The whole idea of public transport was that it was meant to be not only
> more efficient as far as pollution and infrastructure use (the road),
> but also cheaper as well.
>
> In Sydney you'll almost always be quicker from point A to point B in
> your car than in the bus (unless it's peak hour, and the bus can zip
> past masses of Military road traffic in its transit lane). And you'll
> most probably use less petrol than the bus-fare.
>
> Here in Cairns, my wife paid $2.70 for the bus ticket from Smithfield
> to Palm Cove, 12km away. And the trip took 45 minutes!!!! Because
> SunBus reduced services, even the express bus does all the little loops
> in and around each of the three little beach suburbs, and the trip
> takes forever. You'd have to be a complete idiot to take the bus, if
> you can hop in your car, drive the 12km in less than 20 minutes, and
> use less than $1 in petrol. Buying a car will save my wife $17 per week
> in bus-fares after calculating in the cost of petrol, and will be able
> to spend just over two and a half hours more with our kids, as she
> won't have to sit there for 45 minutes each way going around in circles
> watching the world go by, and people get on and off the bus. The car
> saves time and money.
>
> Public transport is for idiots. Smart people drive cars :
>
> Had an appointment with a client the other week. His cute secretary who
> popped in the door 15 minutes late 'because the bus was late' travels
> all the way in from Palm Cove (where my wife works), to the City of
> Cairns, around 20km or so. One and a half hours. What a joke. 35
> minutes by car, 40 minutes if the traffic lights down Sheridan St have
> been put out of sync, so that the copper down the road zaps more
> speeding drivers with his laser radar with inbuilt camera.
>
> Public transport is efficient and cost-effective for the operators and
> shareholders of the operator, it's big business.
> For the smart individual, public transport is a joke, it's inefficient
> and being far from cost effective, more often than not, makes car
> ownership, together with all its expenses, such as insurance,
> registration and maintenance, and the associated freedom, a far more
> attractive proposition.
>
> The only places public transport has any place are as follows :
> * Long distance travel (international, interstate) - ie: Rail, Air, Bus
> * City transportation of the robots to their places of their 9-5 grind
>   (ie: all these office workers who drive to and from work every day on
>    the main arterials should be encouraged to take public transport and
> [...]

You seem to be an expert on the subject of idiots!!!!

I assume its  a personal problem you have, have you seeked any professional
help???

Could be the result of to much red cordial as a child!!!!!

Or is it to much sun???

Bob.