Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:32:19 +1000, "Robert Hudson"
<manaz_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Then there's the fact that one of the biggest growth area in Sydney (the
>Hills District) isn't serviced by trains at all.
>
>So when I worked in the city, I had to catch a bus to Parramatta (which took
>ages anyway, because Windsor Rd simply can't handle the traffic flow any
>more, say 35 minutes), then a train into the city that took up to an hour
>(incuding several unexplained periods of no movement at all), then walk for
>15 minutes through the exhaust fumes.  Total cost (just in fares, return)
>around $12.00.  None of this time could be used for anything of any worth -
>too crowded or noisy or smelly to ever concentrate on anything worthwhile.

What about the Hills-City express services operated by Westbus along
the M2?  Only takes about 30minutes from Castle Hill.

Albert Alcoceba
  <><
alberta@zip.com.au
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~alberta