Re: Rail line preservation

>    Why is it that restoration groups always seem to restore lines not
>connected to a main line, surely this would be more profitable?  If they
>started at Bowser you could at least have access to locos and rolling stock
>from other organisations, they could then pay to use the line.  Perhaps I
am
>missing something?  (Other than the fact that that part of the line is less
>picturesque perhaps).

Gidday Steven,
                       although I am basing my post on a 2 hour conversation
at the Wodonga Model Railway Show, which was recently held, and attended by
the Beechworth Group.......... I voiced my opinion that the line should be
going from Beechworth to Yackandanda. Both these towns attract hundreds and
thousands of middle aged tourists each year, the very people that will spend
money on this sort of thing.
As an example a Tourist Bus arrives from Albury, and leaves people to travel
to Beechworth by train, where they are again picked up by the bus to
continue their tour....Melbourne bus reverse!
                     What you are missing Steven is the potential of these
Tourist spots and the money that can be raised to fund the operation. Then,
as the Society can afford it they can plan to extend on to Wangaratta,
perhaps?
Rod