Re: DKM/DKT

In article <7ogv99$50t$1@toto.tig.com.au>, Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote:
>so apart from the entrance to the seating compartment and slightly modified
>seating, what other technical differences are there?

 Chopper power controls - although the series before had chopper controls.

 I was told by a Comeng Engineer at the time, the sets were intended to have
flat Tangara like fronts. (Changed when the government changed), and had
provision to be loco hauled or propelled with remote 'power van' control
presumably, and head end power couplings to keep the AC running.

 I dont know how far that idea ever got - it may have been something the
engineering team were toying with but it was never speced as such.

 They were meant to be the start of an entire new build of long distance EMU
stock.