Re: Uncle Sam carriage (Sydney): Question

Henry's Cat <geracen@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
7ok5k7$8p5$2@centipede.wantree.com.au">news:7ok5k7$8p5$2@centipede.wantree.com.au...

> trendy rechauffé <trendy_rechauffe@start.com.au> wrote in message
> M_Uq3.6400$_Q2.58986@ozemail.com.au">news:M_Uq3.6400$_Q2.58986@ozemail.com.au...
> > (I can no longer recall what they were).
>
> Merry Christmas Dr Lawrence:
>
> You need Uncle Sam, you need Uncle Sam,
> First-rate (?) protection in the star-and-striped can
>
> cheers
> Neil

For some real trivia this is how the jingle went:

You need Uncle Sam, you need Uncle Sam
Let's get together with the stars and stripes can
It's the perfect protection for fellas and girls
And under your arm is the top of the world
NO SWEAT!

This was obviously before other forms of protection for fellas became more
popular. And for the last bit of trivia Uncle Sam was played in the ads by
Piero Von Arnim.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton