Re: Hume (Canberra) freight terminal

> The bottom line is that for whatever reasons RAC is charging way too much
> for Track Access in NSW,and the only fix is to abolish RAC.
>
> MD

Thems fighting words Maurie.

Politically i don't know how the NSW government would sell the idea.
Some other comments in the transcripts from the PC were suggesting that we
don't need another major change or another bureaucracy in track ownership
but just need to tinker with the track access charges. 'We need to give the
present arrangements time to work'. This seemed a bit defensive to me.
Maybe they could split up the RAC into Metro and freight and give freight to
the feds (as part of ARTC) and put metro back with NSW Department of
Transport (or SRA)??
Anyway we shall see.

Anderew Honan