Re: Orange/yellow paint

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:

> Hubert Lam wrote in message <7o6n6o$dia$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> >Just out of curiousity...
> >
> >What the heck is the orange/yellowish paint that CityRail is painting on
> the
> >S/K/R/V supposed to be? I know the yellow "front" on the outer-suburban
> >Tangaras are supposed to distinguish them from suburban Tangaras, but this
>
> Why is it there to distinguish between suburban and outer-suburban?
> SillyRail decided their corporate livery was to contain a yellow band across
> the front of the train. This decision merely happened to co-incide with the
> introduction of the 'G' sets - it is there for no other reason than the fact
> that it is now THE colour scheme.
>
> DaveP

  exactly.. there is now (well it kinda old now:P) an official corporate colour
scheme
which includes the yellow front (see also the endeavours, that also conform) and
the pinstripes
along the sides at the underframe. As i'm sure you're aware the body side bit
changed a few
times during the refurbs from a blue stripe with a logo in the middle of the
motor cars only,
to just a logo in the middle of the motor cars, to logos at the No 1 ends of all
cars.

Homer