Re: QR and photographers

Roy Wilke <3891@bit.net.au> wrote in message <37a6e2df@news.ausmail.com>...

>If you're really so interested, then I suggest you pick up your telephone
>and phone QR yourself. I have better things to do with my time.

But what QR tell you may or may not be the legal situation. I had the tax
office tell me I could not claim expenses when travelling to and from
football - they refused the deductions. I appealed to the AAT and won - it
(correctly) ruled that I was an itinerant employee (as far as football
umpiring went) and I was entitled to claim the deduction. The ATO was wrong
in this case - it was making up the rules as it went along, which government
bodies are not entitled to do. I believe that QR is doing the same.
Government bodies CANNOT do what they like WHEN they like, otherwise we will
have a dictatorship on our hands. They MUST operate within the bounds of the
law, and if there is no law regulating non-commercial property by members of
the public in areas to which members of the public normally have access,
then it CANNOT be restricted.

DaveP (JP)